A small glimpse into the life and adventures of Brady and the Yukster

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tokyo Tower




Once a week I get up ridiculously early and take the train into the center of Tokyo to teach a Business English to a group of young professionals. What makes it all worth it is that the class is located on the 47th floor of the Mori Tower in the newly constructed business and shopping "mini-city" called Roppongi Hills. At 9:00am I am finished my class and I can remain on the 47th floor in the cafe / lounge and take in the stunning pannoramic views of Tokyo. If the weather is fine, you can see Tokyo spreading out into other adjoining cities for hundreds of miles in all directions. Today was one such day. On one side, a snow covered Mt. Fuji could be seen resting calmly in the distance. One the other the exciting developments of Tokyo and all the uncountable number of skyscrapers of all shapes and sizes.

I snapped this picture of Tokyo Tower, which is the highlight of the Tokyo cityscape. At 333meters, it is 13meters taller than it's older brother the Eiffel Tower, and a little more flamboyant with it's bold red body and white stripes. When I first saw it I couldn't help thinking that it was a rip-off of the Eiffel Tower, and thus only an immitator. However the big red giant has grown on me and I now look forward to gatching a glimpse of it every chance I get.
BRADY Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home