A small glimpse into the life and adventures of Brady and the Yukster

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Austin Powers mitai ne!!




Here is a picture of my best Japanese friend Tetsuhiro Muranaka.... Please call him Tetsu. I call him T. He is a good man, a good freind and the closest thing to a Japanese Austin Powers that you will ever meet.

I met Tetsu on my first day of work at the first Language school that I taught at. I was standing in the loby of the school checking out my new workplace when T came out of his class, entered the lobby and looked at me and said. You must be the new teacher...and started to laugh. We had a chat and later got to know each other. Tetsu took me out to meet many people...mainly Japanese ladies at Japanese singles parties called 'konpa' or 'gokon', which is a party where one man and a woman invite an equal number of friends (guys bring their buddies, and girls bring lots of ladies)and everyone goes out for dinner, drinking and karaoke or something like that.

In that way I met a lot of people and my Japanese inproved a lot. Now, I don't go to these parties anymore,(and my Japanese is not improving as a result) but I still meet Tetsu and it is always a funny time, as you can imagine if you had Austin Powers as your best friend.

brady Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home